Professional Dancers' Postgraduate Teaching Certificate
For dancers wishing to gain an internationally-renowned dance teaching qualification
Why study on the Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate?
Placing your professional experience at its core, the programme will enable you to move ahead in your career as a dance teacher, equipping you with the skills to train and educate dancers of the future.
How does the programme fit into my schedule?
Designed to be flexible and part-time, the programme will let you progress from dancer to dance teacher, giving you a qualification while you are still performing, or as you embark on a new career as a dance teacher.
What are the entry requirements?
You will have significant professional experience and advanced technical proficiency in dance, with the potential to study at postgraduate level.
What else do I need to know?
• This is a one-year part-time distance-learning programme, including an induction week and a four-week ‘Intensive Study Period’.
• The programme is delivered in English, so you will need an English Language Proficiency test if this is not your first language.
• The programme leads to the award of Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate and eligibility to become an RAD Registered Teacher.
• Our graduates go on to work in the private vocational dance sector, in education internationally, and enroll for further postgraduate study.
- Applications close 31 March.
- Fee: $9,900
A WORD FROM A PDPTC GRADUATE
"After a very rewarding career as a Principal Artist and Choreographer in Europe I found I enjoyed teaching and coaching and this helped me to decide to apply for the RAD PDPTC in Berlin. As a child I had always enjoyed my RAD grade work and regularly received Honours marks in my exams which gave me great motivation.
It was wonderful to be able to study by correspondence at the same time as being able to perform full-time for my last year of performances and I thoroughly enjoyed the Intensive Study Period.
I learnt so much during this course - for example, safe practice, music and the psychology of the students and this has and will continue to enrich me forever for performing, choreography and teaching."