The benefits of RAD Membership.
Join the RAD and share in our success!
- Dance Gazette, the RAD’s international dance magazine published three times a year. Exclusive to Members and Friends and filled with a range of articles discussing current issues, interviews with prominent international figures in dance, and regular columns covering nutrition, notation, music and dance on the Internet.
- Complimentary diary or newsletter, communicating important dates and events at frequent intervals.
- Discounts on Vocational Graded Examinations (from Advanced Foundation).
- Technical Supplements, covering the latest information about the RAD syllabus and Benesh Movement Notation.
- Preferential rates and advanced notice of selected events and activities throughout the year…and much more.
Online Membership Benefits
- Read the latest edition of Dance Gazette online and access archived articles
- Exclusive access to Job Search International, which provides a monthly update of Dance teacher vacancies and schools for sale.
- Members Briefings; a set of fact sheets covering a range of useful subjects
- A range of ‘e-cards’ to send to friends and family
- Email newsletter
We are the largest accredited classical ballet Examination Board in the world and as a Member of the Academy you will benefit from our reputation as an international dance training and education provider of excellence. As we continually assess our examination syllabus, so, our Registered teachers and examiners are assured that we are meeting the needs of today’s students.
We also provide a broad range of high quality, flexible university validated teacher education and training degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as professional awards validated by the Academy. So whatever your category of membership we are committed to providing a long-term career path for your professional development.
The Royal Academy of Dance offers professional and business advice and support to all Members. It strives to devise new and relevant products, improve and update existing services and create international partnerships which strengthen its professional standing within the dance education community, worldwide.
|Affiliate Member||Full Member||Teacher Member|
|DES III for Girls||Advanced 1||Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS)|
|Grade 6, 7 and 8||Advanced 2||Professional Dancer's Teaching Diploma (PDTD)|
|Intermediate Foundation||Student Teaching Certificate||BA (Hons) Dance Education|
|Intermediate, Advanced Foundation and Benesh Elementary Solo||Benesh Intermediate Solo (or higher)||BA (Hons) Ballet Education|
|Enrolled on a Faculty of Education programme but not an existing member||Graduate of any Academy certificate, diploma or degree programme||If you hold any RAD qualification not listed above please contact the Membership Department so that it may be verified for Registered teacher Status|
|Key Benefit||Key Benefit||Key Benefit|
|Discounts on Vocational Graded Examinations (from Advanced Foundation)||Get the recognition you deserve for your hard work. Full Members who have passed Advanced 2 are eligible to apply to become an Associate of the RAD and use the initials ARAD after their name.||Registered Teachers of the Academy can enter candidates for the RAD Examinations and use the initials RAD RTS and a special collective mark.|
If you do not hold any of the qualifications listed but would like to support the work of the Academy and receive the complimentary dance gazette and diary plus discounted merchandise from Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd, we would be delighted to welcome you as a Friend.