Shaping Bodies, Shaping Minds Conference 2020 (Melbourne)
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS OPEN NOW
Drawing on the success of the Sydney (2016) and Brisbane (2018) conferences, Royal Academy of Dance Australia is delighted to announce its third conference, Shaping Bodies, Shaping Minds. Marking the first in a series of events in the Royal Academy of Dance’s centenary year, Shaping Bodies, Shaping Minds will bring together performers, teachers, practitioners and scholars from the fields of dance, education, history, science and cultural engagement for an exciting and thought-provoking programme.
Shaping Bodies, Shaping Minds themes include (but not exclusive to):
- Research studies focussing on the study of the body and/or mind and the potential impact of how we view dance and dance training and education across different contexts and different settings
- Current and past models of dance practices, cultures, histories and pedagogies which have (and will) inform dance education and training of the future
- The use of technologies in the management of body and mind in relation to dance practices
- The interdisciplinary potential of dance practice to support and facilitate mental health and wellbeing across a range stakeholders both within and outside dance communities
- Inclusive practices which enhance and extend knowledge and understanding of what it is to dance, and what it is to teach dance
- Dance as local and global communities of practice in established and emerging dance forms including: ballet, contemporary dance, tap, cultural dance, Broadway and musicals, popular dance forms such as street dance, social and folk dance, Indigenous dance, site specific or environmental work
This is the third conference the Royal Academy of Dance Faculty of Education department has presented in Australia building upon a solid foundation of exploration into new research, discoveries and applications for dance education and training professionals.
Call for Contributions
With a focus on innovations, provocations and insights into the role of dance education, training and interdisciplinary engagement in the shaping of bodies and minds to meet a diverse and often challenging dance landscapes, we are looking for contributions (lectures, research presentations, practical demonstrations and panel discussions) which address Shaping Bodies, Shaping Minds themes above.
Download our Call for Contributions here
Closing date for contributions: Monday 30th June 2019
Melbourne is the richly diverse and vibrant capital city of Victoria, showcasing the best of Victorian architecture, museums, galleries and gardens and a thriving arts and cultural precinct. Centrally located, the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School (VCASS) is a state of the art training facility for students of dance, music, theatre and fine arts.
Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School (VCASS)
57 Miles St, Southbank VIC 3006
Welcome, registration and opening night cocktail party Friday 17 January 2020
Conference opens Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 January 202
Contact Shelley Yacopetti on +61 8 9272 3940 or email for more information
Pre-sale registration opens to RAD Members Only from 14 June.
Early bird registration opens for RAD Members and Non Members from 27 July.
Full price registration from 14 September until 9 January or until sold out.
|RAD Members||Non Members|
|Pre sale - $350* available from 14 June until 26 July 2019||Not available|
|Early bird $400* available from 27 July until 13 September 2019||$425* available from 27 July until 13 September 2019|
|Early bird Students $350|
|Full price $450||$525|
|1 day $300|
|Conference Presenters $175|
|Cocktail party $55|
For RAD Registered Teachers, attending both days is equal to 20 hours CPD, 10 hours Time-valued and 10 hours independent, and attending one day is equal to 10 hours of Time-valued CPD for the Membership Year 2019/20
Host venue partner VCASS