Facts & figures
Facts and figures about the Royal Academy of Dance.
- Our mission: to promote knowledge, understanding and practice of dance internationally
- The RAD is the world’s leading organisation in classical ballet education
- A global organisation involving approximately 14,000 members across 83 countries
- Worldwide staff of 172 and 182 examiners
- 35 RAD offices worldwide
- 250,000 children take RAD examinations each year
- 5,898 registered teachers in 36 countries
- The Regional Advisory Panels in four countries hold over 150 events and activities attracting over 16,000 participants each year
- Over 1,100 students enrolled on Faculty of Education programmes of study
- 250 programmes are offered each year for Continuing Professional Development
- 8 full or part-time, distance learning or taught teacher education programmes available from the Faculty of Education
- Member of Royal Academy of Dance Worldwide Group
- Registered in Australia ABN 88 132 361 256
- The Royal Academy of Dance is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
- In Australia every year more than 25,000 students take RAD exams
- Over 7000 particpate in RAD Australia's calendar of events.
- 100 students are annually studying on our Faculty of Education programmes from Australia.
- RAD Australia also has 1300 members
- There are and 900 Registered teachers in Australia alone