Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies
The Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS) is a part-time distance learning programme enabling students to study alongside their personal and professional commitments.
who is this programme for?
This programme is for those who want to specialize in teaching the RAD’s work; who want to combine their personal and professional commitments and study part-time for two years; gain registered teacher status of the RAD; teach the RAD syllabus and enter candidates for RAD examinations.
The programme is delivered in Australia, Spain, Italy, Germany, Japan, Greece/Cyprus, Hong Kong, South Africa, cluster countries (Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand), USA with Canada; Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg with the UK.
Applicants should hold RAD Intermediate examination, or a recognised equivalent in ballet. Applicants without formal qualifications may be considered on submission of DVD/video evidence. (Please refer to our UK site for guidance on the content of the video).
- CBTS 401 How We Learn: Stages of Development (15 credits)
- CBTS 402 Safe Practice and Professional Responsibilities (15 credits)
- CBTS 403 Ballet and Teaching: Knowledge and Understanding (30 credits)
- CBTS 404 Practical Teaching (45 credits)
- CBTS 405 Career Development and Management (15 credits)
The programme is 2 years part-time starting in January. Students are required to attend a 10 day Intensive Study Period in Year 1 and in Year 2 complete a mentored Practical Teaching Placement. For each module students will have access to a module study guide and a module tutor by email, fax or telephone.
Assessment is through essays, portfolios, case studies and practical assessment projects.
Successful students will be awarded the Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS:RAD) and will be eligible for Registered Teacher Status (RAD:RTS).
The fee is determined by local costs in Australia and includes programme material, tutoring and mentoring, assessments for each module, three visits by a Practical Teaching Supervisor and two Intensive Study Periods.
The fee is payable in 4 installments over 2 years.
Standard Application is by 1 August 2017
Concessionary applications (requiring DVD/video submission) is by 1 June 2017
- Fees and funding information for the Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies and the Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies
- Information on the Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies programme
- Information on the new Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies programme
For a free copy of our latest prospectus, please e-mail your full name and postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in becoming a tutor, practical teaching supervisor or mentor for the CBTS?
We invite expressions of interest for the following roles:
Tutors for Year 1
- CBTS 401 How We Learn: Stages of Development
- CBTS 402 Safe Practice and Professional Responsibilities
- CBTS 403 Ballet and Teaching: Knowledge and Understanding
- CBTS 404 Practical Teaching
- CBTS 405 Career Development and Management
Mentors for Year 2
- CBTS 404 Practical Teaching
Contact our Human Resources Department in London for job descriptions and application forms at email@example.com.