Become a Teacher
Gain recognition when you join our professional network of approximately 8000 teachers registered with the RAD.
$290 per year.
Join our global community by completing and returning one of the following forms:
- RAD Registered Teacher application form
|RAD Registered Teacher||Teacher recognised by mutual agreement|
|Teaching registration certificate||YES||NO|
|Dance Gazette magazine||YES||YES|
|Focus on Members magazine (where locally produced)||YES||YES|
|Focus on Exams magazine||YES||YES|
|Access to the Members' Area||YES||YES|
|JobSearch International ™||YES||YES|
|Included in teachers online search||YES||YES|
|Selected International events||YES||YES|
|Selected International courses||YES||YES|
|Vocational Graded Examinations*||YES||YES|
|Enter candidates for RAD exams||YES||YES|
|Register your school as an RAD exam centre||YES||YES|
|Use of initials RAD RTS||YES||NO|
|Use of the RAD collective mark||YES||NO|
|Attend the AGM and have voting rights**||YES||YES|
|Apply to be an Associate of the RAD (ARAD)**||YES||YES|
|Priority booking for international events||YES||YES|
*From Advanced Foundation upwards.
**Terms and conditions apply.
ELIGIBILITY criteria for RAD registered teacher
Teachers should hold one of the following RAD awards:
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education (Level 3) (BABE)
- BA (Hons) Dance Education (BADE)*
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS)
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies (DDTS)
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance (LRAD)
- Master in Teaching (Dance)
- Professional Dancer's Teaching Diploma (PDTD)
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate (PDPTC)
- Teaching Certificate Programme (TCP)
*Those with the BA (Hons) Dance Education qualification need to complete an RTS portfolio.
Code of conduct
If you need further information, or have any questions, contact the membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9380 1910